Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Video: "Bottoms Up" Trey Songz

Trey Songz
Bottoms Up featuring Nicki Minaj [Video Premiere]
Director: Anthony Mandler



While Mandler is the current go-to-guy for videos, this one leaves a lot to be desired. It is a new direction for Trey. However, it's not really anything fresh. It was erratic and strange. That is stylistically something that comes along with Mandler, but it didn't really mesh with the Songz brand. Though I don't love the song, I do enjoy the Nicki Minaj verse and reject the Usher comparisons. But Trey is capable of more. Or at least as a newly emerged R&B superstar, he should be.

1 comment:

Cord said...

You already know how I feel about this! lol!!! Trey...sit down. But YES, Nicki!! Once again, serving it up! :) My favorite part is the little giggle/coy/Janet look away on "I'm really such a lady." hehe... Love her!!! Love YOU!!!