Tuesday, May 4, 2010

There's Nothing Not to Love

Beyoncé
Why Don't You Love Me [Video Premiere]
Director: Melina Matsoukas



Little Miss "I'm on a Break" randomly released a video just for her fans. Why Don't You Love Me?, co-written by Solange, was one of the stand out tracks on the I Am...Sasha Fierce LP. The track only served as bonus material and will not get single treatment but I'm glad she is serving up a video to accompany it. In February, the track peaked at #1 on the US Hot Dance Club Songs chart, making it her thirteenth #1 hit on that chart.
I am not sure how I feel about the whole pinup thing that has been done many times but she looks smokin' hot here. Funny how she is on this pinup trend from the last three videos. Video Phone and Telephone featured her rocking that Bettie Page style wig and now it's back in a lighter shade for this video. It's cute. However, I hope this isn't a sign of the direction she is heading. I would love for her to move on to classic throwback style for an album but Christina Aguilera gave us enough old Hollywood glam/pinup to last for a while.

She does look hot though. And the look differs from Christina as Beyoncé channels a little Etta throughout the video. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's cute and flirty.

When she dusted off her multitude of Grammys I died!!...

1 comment:

Nia B said...

This song is great, but you are right...her look needs an overhaul. She looks fierce, but it has been over done along wiht her two dancers. I do love Miss B though!

Tc, Nia B
Dubai's It Girl