Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Video: Trey Songz "Yo Side of the Bed"

Trey Songz
Yo Side of the Bed [Video Premiere]
Director: Yolande Geralds



Reminiscent of Aaron Hall's "I Miss You", Trey Songz ditches the sex for his new video for his sixth single Yo Side of the Bed. The song is from his album Ready and the clip features fellow recording star Keri Hilson.
The video's concept and delivery are on point. I was just thinking about how men don't sing about heartbreak anymore, instead opting for sex anthems and club bangers. This Prince laced track is actually the most grown up from Trey's album, even more so than the deliberately brazen sex tracks. I chose it as one of my Top Ten Songs of the Year in a previous post. It's nice to see a real love song from a guy. I love it. Acting as a tribute to those in the armed forces and their families, the clip is definitely a step up for him.

No comments: