Sunday, April 18, 2010

She's Tyler Moore, She's Mary: Toni for the "Kids"

Toni Braxton
Make My Heart [Official Video]



This video has been out for a second but I didn't want to post it until I had time to talk about it.
Toni has officially entered diva mode. There is a time in every diva's career in which she gives it to the gays. haha. Toni was a monster R&B star in the 90s and early 00s but if we are honest with ourselves we have to admit that her star has faded. Her talent is still there but music is not kind to aging females. She has, however, maintained a large following. What compromises most of a diva's fan base? The gays. With this video, it's like she asked someone what is every element of gay culture and how can I incorporate it. She did it.
The blond twinks. The thug trade. The fierce, big busted fat girl.
The ghetto-fab black girls with high ponytails.
Black boys who vogue, church ladies fanning, and Tina Turner fringe dresses.
Throw in a beaded catsuit and a couple of shirtless men and you have it! haha
Anyway, I dig the song and the video. The song is fun and I'm sure the clubs will eat it up.

I love 3:15, 0:49, 0:52, 1:36 & 1:39,

[My friend and I were just talking about how street dancing such as Vogue has officially become a part of mainstream dance. And then comes Toni's video.]

No comments: