Monday, April 26, 2010

Reese's Piece: Ryan Phillippe for Men's Health

Actor Ryan Phillippe
for Men's Health May 2010
Photography: Anthony Mandler

Heartthrob Ryan Phillippe got his start on the daytime drama One Life to Live and soon rose to fame among the crop of teen stars of the late 90s such as Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr, and Selma Blair. Eventually, he went on to marry his Cruel Intentions co-star Reese Witherspoon. The two have since divorced and Ryan has been a bit under the radar...until now.
Ryan covers the May issue of Men's Health. He opened up about his divorce from Reese, working with Kristin Wig and Will Forte on his upcoming film MacGruber based on the SNL character, and his mentor Clint Eastwood.

From the article:
On this divorce with actress, Reese Witherspoon:
“I still have sadness and complicated feelings about my divorce,” he says. “But how beneficial is it to keep hanging onto those feelings?”

On his breakout role at age 17 as a gay teen on the soap opera One Life to Live:
“I would worry, ‘What will the people at school think?’ And they shunned me in a lot of ways,” Phillippe recalls. “But it ended up being an incredible experience and such a time of growth for me.”

On his mentor, Clint Eastwood:
“He’s in the latter part of his experience on the planet, and he’s still growing. He’s open to new ideas and he’s changing the way he sees things,” says Phillippe. “It’s something I want to encourage in myself: Don’t close off.”

On getting older:
“I thought the most experience you had, the more certain you would be about life,” the 35-year-old star says. “But I’m finding the opposite, man. I’m more in wonder and confusion than I was in my 20s.”

Check out the entire article from Men's Health HERE
***

MacGruber Trailer



***
Phillippe also appeared on Saturday's episode of Saturday Night Live as the host.
Here is the video of his opening monologue.


No comments: