Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ciara on the Offense in New Video

Ciara
Basic Instint (U Got Me) [Video Promo]



Say what you want about CiCi, I love her. I love the grit mixed with femininity. Sure her vocals aren't the best but there is no other female artist that nails choreography comparable to Janet and Mike, but with a hood twist. I have always loved her ghetto princess image and though I initially hated the comparisons, she is the closest that we have to Aaliyah and TLC, a great blend of a pretty face and a little tomboy swagger. I thought that her last album was underrated. She just seemed to be grasping at straws for single choices but there was some great tracks on Fantasy Ride. This time around she plans to reclaim her spot in the game. With this scathing message in the video, I'm sure she will at least have people talking. She is slated to shell out her new single Ride soon with Ludacris. I'm rooting for Miss CiCi. Gotta rep for the south. :)

No comments: