Thursday, March 4, 2010

Red Handed: Yet Another Politician Disgraced

Southern California Republican State Senator Roy Ashburn was pulled over and arrested for drunk driving in a state issued vehicle. As if the DUI arrest wasn't enough to mar his name, the staunch opponent of gay rights was reported seen shortly before at a Sacramento gay establishment. Ashford, a divorced father of four, was accompanied by an unidentified man when he was pulled over. [source]



Ashburn offered this apology for the incident:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me - my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

Tisk, tisk...
Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses. Another example of self-loathing coming back to bite someone in the arse. Do only closeted gay men run for office on the Republican ticket? Just wondering...

4 comments:

singer/songwriter/fly-guy said...

smh.

Anonymous said...

why would you make such poor judgement .. republican .. STAUNCH gay right opponent .. gay club? O hell no! lets be smart .. i feel sorry 4 him.

Taylor said...

"Do only closeted gay men run for office on the Republican ticket?"

Yes.

The CPA Doc said...

wow...what a mess! that darn pot is always calling the kettle black! is it really safer to be "closeted" at home (in your closet) or in the public eye? i don't get it...and a gay club? with all the money, resources, and position of power you have....u decide to go 2 him versus have him come 2 u? wow...i guess what they say is right about....well I'll leave that alone and keep it professional around here...LOL SMDH