Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kid Cudi on New York Style

Rapper Kid Cudi
Time Out New York's Most Style New Yorkers
Photography: Lizz Kuehl
[source]

Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi has been chosen as one of the most stylish New Yorkers. The rapper, a protege of Kanye West and star of HBO’s new fashion-world dramedy How to Make It in America, describes his style as "simple and classic".

His inspirations: “I always took [style tips] from my older brother and sister, who wore simple, classic things. But I still layered a lot, and in high school, I was a young young’un, all Phat Farmed–out, wearing Sean John, Ecko, Rocawear and Akademiks. I felt like I needed to buy what was cool, instead of just wearing comfortable shit. Now I feel like my personality is this character, and when you watch a cartoon show, the characters aren’t changing their outfit every 15 seconds. That’s why I wear the same jeans every day.”

On New York style: “Here, people’s style is expressed more through their personality than what’s in at the time. You see all different styles in New York, and that’s what made me want to stay here. I experienced more in the first six years I was here than I did the whole time I was in Cleveland. It’s cool.”

[Read the Full Article and View More Pics HERE]

No comments: