Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rihanna Premieres "Rude Boy"

Rihanna
Rude Boy [Video Premiere]
Director: Melina Matsoukas



Deliberately returning to her dancehall roots, Rihanna took a more playful and colorful approach to the video for the tongue in cheek Rude Boy, the latest single from her Rated R album. There's a little bit of Grace Jones and M.I.A. influence in the video as well as quite a few nods to high fashion. (It also reminds me of the Solange "I Decided" video. Not that she's copying, but it's from the same director) I like this and I think the song and video are both a good look for her. How about those co-stars too! [Oww] Anyway, her dancing was cute which fit the teasing message of the song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOT video! Bad bytch! Great artist! I respect that she leads and let's us follow or not, as oppose to catering to a fan base (which these days is more fickle than a New England weather report) or commercial formula.