Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Daily Tea: Let the Rain Kiss You

"I stood under the canopy outside of the restaurant as the air became filled with tiny beads of precipitation. The smooth wind danced lightly across my face and I breathed in the cool moist air, allowing it to calm my senses. The droplets of rain quickly became a steady shower and I could feel the mist against my face. I decided not to go home right away. Instead, I stood there and watched the spring rain as it replenished my surroundings. Spring was a time of rebirth and second chances. Perhaps some of it would permeate my life."
-Ellis Faulkner from The Man in Me by George Arnett

***
Ok, it may be a bit strange to quote myself. Especially when it comes from a story that I am writing. I haven't updated this blog in a few days because I've been busy and have hit a few low points in life. It's raining today and though I typically hate rain, it is calming for me. It feels cleansing. It reminds me that everything can become new again and when the rain stops, there is always something that has gained new life. When you feel like life is throwing storms your way, don't run from them. Sometimes it's best to fully take them in and bask in them. With life's "rain" comes new growth. Let life and God do its will. You will benefit in the end.

1 comment:

blasianFMA said...

Life is not about going through storms. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.