Monday, February 15, 2010

Composure Mixtape: Pop Covers

I love covers. I love them to death. So, I decided to compile some of my favorite covers from pop artists singing not-so-pop songs as well as lesser known artists tackling huge hits. I like most of the tracks but they tend to completely reinvent the song. Who know Just Dance could be opened with lulling piano intro? A couple of my faves are Australian singer Sam Sparro's slinky take on Estelle's American Boy and a bouncy rendition of Beyoncé's Crazy in Love sung here by The Puppini Sisters. I have posted a couple of the songs before but here they are in one place. This Amy Winehouse Someone to Watch Over Me takes me places. Anyway, enjoy the tracks. The original artist's names are in the parentheses.

[DOWNLOAD Composure Mixtape: Pop Covers HERE]

TRACKLISTING
1. Rehab FrankMusik (Amy Winehouse)
2. Crazy Daniele Magro (Gnarls Barkley)
3. Don't Stop the Music The Bird and the Bee (Rihanna)
4. Stronger 30 Seconds to Mars (Kanye West)
5. Always Be My Baby David Cook (Mariah Carey)
6. Smack Into You Jon McLaughlin (Beyoncé)
7. Heartless Kris Allen (Kanye West)
8. Single Ladies Keaton Simmons (Beyoncé)
9. Black & Gold Katy Perry (Sam Sparro)
10. American Boy Sam Sparro (Estelle)
11. Frontin' Jamie Cullum (Pharrell Williams)
12. Someone to Watch Over Me Amy Winehouse (Jazz Standard)
13. Fever Beyoncé (Peggy Lee)
14. Just Dance Gary Go ft. Mr. Dialysis (Lady Gaga)
15. Womanizer Lily Allen (Britney Spears)
16. Live Your Life Just Jack (T.I.)
17. Umbrella Scott Simons (Rihanna)
18. When Love Takes Over Pixie Lott
(David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland)
19. Crazy in Love The Puppini Sisters (Beyoncé)
20. Icebox FrankMusik (Omarion)

2 comments:

Kortland said...

thank you.

The Architect said...

I love Amy Winehouse's jazz and American songbook covers, especially her version of "To Know Him is to Love Him." If she were to make an album full of these, it would be an instant classic