Monday, January 18, 2010

Sizing up Gabby & Dakota for V

Actresses Gabourey Sidibe and Dakota Fanning
for V Magazine
Styling: Joe McKenna
Photography: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
[source]


These young actresses appear on dual covers for V Magazine's Size Issue on stands now. The magazine has released preview stories with full figured models. Sibide, the Golden Globe nominated breakout star of Precious and Dakota Fanning, already an industry veteran, are both bright stars in young Hollywood. It's interesting that they were chosen to cover the magazine since there are mostly known for their talent, rather than their appearances.

“Growing up, there weren’t a lot of actresses and singers who looked like me. There were no real times that I thought maybe I can do it, until Mo’Nique came along. She’s a plus-sized woman who didn’t care about one day being skinny. All my life I’ve been hearing that I’ll never amount to anything until I am skinny. And she disapproved everything that everyone has ever told me.”
Gabourey Sidibe

“I think that when you’re in the public eye, you automatically become a role model, because people are reading about you and looking at pictures of stuff you’ve done. But, you know, no one’s perfect, everyone makes mistakes. I have made mistakes and I will make mistakes. I’m only human.”
–Dakota Fanning

3 comments:

blasianFMA said...

Fanning looks like a Whore

george.arnett said...

lol no. she looks like Goldie Hawn

singer/songwriter/fly-guy said...

i'm living for dakota... i actually didn't think she'd grow up to be so pretty.