Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Videos: Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey
Angels Cry
featuring Ne-Yo



Up Out My Face
featuring Nicki Minaj



***
Mariah drops two Nick Cannon directed videos in support of her Angels Advocate remix album. With the help of Ne-Yo and Nicki Minaj, Mariah rehashed two tracks from the Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel in hopes to salvage the album which was far from successful.
I can say that while I've never been a huge Ne-Yo fan but he does add quite a bit to Angels Cry, a song that I felt was already the best on the album. As for Up Out My Face, I'm still not sure how I feel about Nicki Minaj. I just don't see the hype with her. However, she and Mariah did a great job at both emphasizing and parodying their sex appeal in the comedic video. Time will tell if the videos will help this album make an impact. What was up with Nick in the video? I know that the song has a marching band feel but I'm sure her goal was not to create a sequel to Drumline.
[Peep super blogger B. Scott's cameo in the Up Out My Face video. Good look!]

No comments: