Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Michelle's New Destiny

And then there was one...
This should come as no surprise but it is being reported that Michelle Williams has chosen to leave Music World Entertainment and sever ties with long time manager Matthew Knowles.

Grapejuice.net released the following statement from the Destiny's Child star:

STATEMENT REGARDING GRAMMY-AWARD WINNING SINGER MICHELLE WILLIAMS DISSOLVING HER MANAGEMENT ARRANGEMENT WITH MATHEW KNOWLES AND MUSIC WORLD ENTERTAINMENT


“After much prayer and consideration I have decided to part ways from my management team, Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment. From my time in Destiny’s Child to my solo career, I am grateful for everything Mathew and his team has done for me. We’ve shared great success together. However, as I move in a new direction in my career, I felt it was time. I wish Mathew Knowles and the Music World Entertainment family all the best.”

Kelly Rowland also recently left Music World. The story which I posted HERE wasn't much of a shock either. It's no secret that Knowles plays favoritism. He neglected promotion of Michelle's lady album in favor of Solange. Kelly and Michelle have both proven themselves without Beyoncé. Kelly's collaboration with David Guetta on When Love Takes Over garnered her two Grammy nominations and Michelle is set to hit the Broadway stage to reprise her role in the musical Chicago. Michelle Williams also maintains her stake as a minority owner of the WNBA team, Chicago Sky.

Williams has been pretty vocal about her disappointment with her label and the recording industry in general, even recording youtube videos discussing the matter. I hope that the girls take this step as a time to shine. It seems as though they really are taking the reins of their careers in order not to suffer the same fate of the Supremes.
Looks like we will never see another Destiny's Child project.
Good luck to Michelle.
Her last project gained quite a following among fans and she stays on the grind to make things work for her. I love her personality.
Check out her youtube channel HERE.

1 comment:

The CPA Doc said...

I'm glad she finally severed ties. Beyonce and Solange are Matthew's kids....should we have expected less from him?