Saturday, November 21, 2009

Oprah's Fans Mourn the "Loss"

Wait...
In the words of Miranda Priestley, "Did she die or something?"

I didn't post anything when Oprah's announcement came that she will end her popular talk show in 2011. After all, she has made that announcement before. She will be around. She has a magazine, many other ventures, and she is developing a network. She will be more than visible, TV show or not.

I just thought the way this particular story about her set departure was worded was funny. In the entire piece they made it seem as if she was dead.
***
Taken from fans tweets on Twitter:
"Soooo sad, eternal depression begins now and will worsen on Sept 9, 2011,"...
"I really don't know what I'm going to do at 4 o'clock everyday now,"...
***
Winfrey's friend Gayle King, who is also the editor-at-large for Winfrey's magazine, devoted her entire Sirius satellite radio show on Friday to fielding phone calls from devastated Winfrey fans.

"I am wearing black today -- I am going to have a brief period of bereavement because I still can't even believe the news myself. And I've known that this was coming, but even after you hear it it's still hard to believe," King said.


A bit melodramatic, don't you think?
But I guess how can one not be melodramatic with Oprah...

No comments: