Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fame Kills: Promo and Gaga's Comments

Fame Kills from kwest on Vimeo.



Lady Gaga and Kanye West are two of the most controversial flamboyantly talented musicians in popular music today. They are joining forces for a tour titled Fame Kills and Lady Gaga has summed up a few concepts behind the tour.

Gaga says they will use a new stage that stretches from one side of the arena to the other - ..."The storyline is that Kanye is on one end of the stage and I'm on the other, and the whole show, we are trying to get to where each other is," she said. "I want something that he has, which is the fame, and he wants something that I have, which is home, and my humble beginnings. So we battle each other throughout the entire performance to steal each other's spaces." "So I'm essentially on a quest to kill Kanye West to steal his fame." (Canadian Press)

Gaga also revealed some pre-tour compromises:

Before agreeing to tour with Kanye West this fall, Gaga told the rapper, "I just want to be clear before we decide to do this together: I'm gay. My music is gay. My show is gay. And I love that it's gay. And I love my gay fans and they're all going to be coming to our show. And it's going to remain gay." That's another clause in the Gagaland constitution: Gay culture shall gush undiluted into the rapids of society. It shall not be co-opted, fancified, dolled up, or Uncle Tommed. "I very much want to inject gay culture into the mainstream," she says, "It's not an underground tool for me. It's my whole life. So I always sort of joke the real motivation is to just turn the world gay." (Out Magazine)

[source]

1 comment:

blasianFMA said...

just read that this was cancelled right before I found your blogpost.