Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kanye: Love Lockdown

Ok, I know I'm late but I wanted to wait until a High Quality version of this song leaked.
It's the first single from Kanye West's upcoming studio effort tentatively titled "808's & Heartbreak".

I live for this track. The ever-evolving Kanye actually sings the entire song with the help of an auto-tuner.
The song's subject is one you don't get from rappers much. However, Kanye isn't as much of a rapper to me as he is a story teller.

My nephew jokes that the song is about Kanye having a downlow gay relationship due to all of his anti-homophobia talk. Also, mediatakeout.com published a fake album cover with a rainbow heart on it.
I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with him being gay, but the song is about Kanye having to hide or "lockdown" his love for someone so that he can maintain his image.

Interesting...nevertheless, I love it.

I'm not lovin' you the way I wanted to/What I had to do/I had to run from you
I'm in love with you/but the vibe is wrong/and it haunted me all the way home...
I'm not lovin' you the way I wanted to/See I wanna move/but can't escape from you
So I keep it low/Keep a secret code/So everybody else don't have to know...
...I got something to lose/so I gotta move/I can't keep myself/and still keep you too
I keep your love locked down...

Click here to DOWNLOAD/LISTEN to the Track

No comments: