Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bionic Bey: Back with a Vengeance

The baddest whore of all whores Beyoncé covers the newest issue of Marie Claire magazine, fresh from shooting back to back films- she co-stars with Adrien Brody as legendary blues singer Etta James in the new film Cadillac Records as well as opposite Idris Elba in the thriller Obsessed.

She’s been quoted in the past as saying there’s a time limit on being a pop star. ‘Being a pop star, yes,’ she responds. ‘Being a legend, an icon, absolutely not. And, at this point, that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m over being a pop star. I don’t wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough.’

I heard that. She's not a business woman, she's a business!

Read an abbreviated version of the full interview here which will appear in the October 2008 issue of Marie Claire.

No comments: