Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yes, We Can!!!

Barack Obama is officially the first black to be nominated by a majority party for President of the United States.

Hillary Clinton ushered in the Nomination by Acclamaton.

Words cannot convey the feeling inside of me right now. As I watched Michelle Obama the other night tears welled. I am a grown man but I can admit that. It was a moving moment.

A STRONG BLACK WOMAN from the southside of Chicago addressing the Democratic National Convention as the possible First Lady of the free world was a powerful image.


Many wonder why I am so vocal in my support for Obama.
It is in part due to his race. However, it's about his ideals.
Never has there been another candidate that fits my beliefs so well.
Views on religion, race, the economy, patriotism, human rights...etc.

This is what the world needs.
We need this man. He doesn't need to serve as some messianic figure to save us,
but as a beacon of light to us.
A torch to buoy and elevate our hopes from dreams to reality.
When my father was my age it wasn't legal for him to vote in this national because of his color.
My pride echoes the pride in his eyes.
He was a man that fought in the Korean War, was awarded a Purple Heart yet was called a nigger when he returned to U.S. soil.
Obama represents the personification of the dreams of
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Shirley Chisholm
Frederick Douglass
Jesse Jackson
I have so much pride in my heart. Not just for African-Americans, but for this Nation.
For the hope and proof that we can be a nation of change less than a century after we were bound by the shackles of Jim Crow.

The world needs Barack to heal this nation.
To mend our image on the world's stage.
To mend our broken hearts and empty pockets.
And to reinstate this nation as the land of the free
and the hope of the downtrodden and oppressed.
Now it's up to us to listen to our hopes, and not our fears.
It's time we embraced something different-
a man whose name is not William. John, or George.
We don't need 8 more years of backward motion.
Can we do it?
Yes, we can!
It was a creed written into the founding documents
that declared the destiny of a nation.
"Yes, we can."
-Barack Obama



No comments: